Chocolate sausage is an extremely simple and insanely tasty recipe that is perfect for the holiday season. The chocolate melts in your mouth immediately, and the ingredients in it provide an explosion of flavours.
For this recipe, Eva used pistachios, cranberries, mangoes and cookies. For an even more festive aroma, you can pre-soak the dried fruits in liqueur or rum. This sausage is ready in an extremely short time, then we just leave it in the fridge to harden overnight.
Recipe by 👩🏼🍳 Eva Sušin
- 200 g dark or cooking chocolate
- 125 g unsalted butter or cocoa butter
- 1 TBS cocoa powder
- 40 g chopped pistachios
- 50 g dried cranberries
- 50 g dried mango
- 30 ml almond liqueur (or juice of your choice)
- 6 digestive biscuits
- 1 1/2 tsp erythritol powder
- Melt the butter and chocolate over a water bath, add the cocoa and mix everything well. Set the chocolate mixture aside for 30 minutes to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, cut the dried mango into smaller pieces. Place the pieces in a cup and pour over the almond liqueur. Stir and set aside to soften.
- Cut the cranberries in halves or quarters, chop the pistachios and crush the biscuits to a size of about 1-2 cm.
- When the chocolate mixture is slightly cooled and thicker, mix in the biscuits, cranberries, mangoes and pistachios.
- Use plastic wrap and roll the chocolate batter in the middle. Form a long sausage and wrap it tightly in foil. Gently roll it back and forth to smooth it out and tie the foil at both ends.
- Place the sausage in the refrigerator to harden overnight.
- Remove the foil and sprinkle the chocolate sausage with powdered sugar. Cut into slices and serve.
- Instead of pistachios, you can also use other nuts that you have.
- You can use rum or cognac instead of almond liqueur, and you can use any fruit juice to avoid alcohol.
- Rearding the chopped pistachios and crushed biscuits, I recommend using only the larger pieces, save the crumbs for some other recipe. This will make the chocolate sausage smoother and the slices more beautiful.
- For a healthier version, you can use Nature’s Finest rice drink powder instead of powdered sugar.
Bio Rice Drink Coconut
ALWAYS FRESHLY PREPARED RICE DRINK WITH COCONUT
- Amazing taste and extremely healthy!
- No added refined sugar, thickeners or artificial sweeteners
- With added coconut for an amazingly fresh taste
- Always freshly prepared! Forget the “Use 3-5 days after opening”!
- Get more for your money! 250g = 2.5l drink
Regular price: £5.84
Products in cart
Special offer only here!
Add to your order and save!
Vitamin D3 + Calcium*
An effective formula of Vitamin D3 and Calcium for a strong immune system, bones and teeth
Clinically proven 6-in-1 formula for lowering bad cholesterol
Formula with coenzyme Q10, vitamin C and B-complex for protection against oxidative damage