- First of all we choose the topping and prepare all the ingredients. Then we start making pancake batter. First, take a large bowl and mix in the oat flakes and chocolate or vanilla protein shake. Mix with a mixer until the oat flakes and the shake combine into a finely ground flour. Then add gluten-free flour, baking powder, cinnamon, Himalayan salt to the bowl and mix all the ingredients with a food processor.
- In another bowl, add the apple sauce (you can buy it or make it at home), unsweetened almond milk, agave syrup and two tablespoons of coconut oil. Mix everything well.
- Combine the contents of both bowls and mix again. Stir gently so that the mixture is smooth without lumps. Let the batter rest until the baking powder creates air bubbles. This will make our pancakes even more fluffy.
- While the batter is resting, heat the pan to a moderate temperature. A pan is hot enough when a drop of water will sizzle on it.
- Put 1/2 teaspoon of coconut oil into the pan and swirl it around so it covers the bottom of the pan, thus the pancakes will not stick. Then pour one tablespoon of pancake batter into the pan. If you have a larger pan you can bake few pancakes at the same time, as they are smaller in size. Bake until small bubbles start to form on the pancake. When they start to crack and the edge of the pancake is baked, turn them with a spatula. Then bake them for another 3 minutes. Repeat the process until all the pancakes are baked.
- Serve the pancakes stacked on top of each other and decorate with the chosen topping.
Forest fruit topping:
Use a larger pot and put all the ingredients in it. Heat the pot slowly over low heat. When the topping boils and while it is still warm, pour it over the pancakes.
Fruit and nut topping:
Pour melted coconut oil over the pancakes, then the agave syrup, and finally sprinkle them with mixed nuts.
Tip – peanut butter: put one tablespoon of peanut butter in a cup and melt it. While still warm, pour over the pancakes and add some fresh fruit.